Thursday, 29 July 2010

Being absolutely clueless.

Technically I am supposed to write 12 thousand words for my dissertation, I don’t know why am I writing here…There starts my blog - Being absolutely clueless.
I never thought that I would enjoy or be compelled to enjoy such a phase. My mom says that such a phase comes in every person’s life, that’s where he learns not about his studies, his career, his job or his stability but about his life.

Being clueless or confused can be a result of 2 situations:

1. You have nothing to do…and you are just plainly wasting time.
2. You have so much to do and think of…..that you kind of get stuck.

I am certainly in the 2nd condition. The language in this blog will be very informal…because I have to be strictly formal with those 12 thousand words….so I need to shed my informality somewhere.
Why am I clueless? Is it only me or are there people around who sail in the same boat? For a change I know the reasons….

1. My sole companion over here..my laptop with its soul mate - the internet, present before me so many things together….that I tend to forget for what did I put it on.
2. Dissertation…less said better. One can get clueless about everything. The related papers, data, your objective also how to exactly start writing.
3. Facebook: One of the main culprits. You get lost looking at your or some one’s profile or just the news feed, but still because FB in my favourites I just click on it. Thank God I do not play any of those games..(Farmville etc). But facebook does make you clueless…that why now-a-days I am kind of successful in avoiding it. I hope it continues.
4. Job: What? Where? When? Which? I have all these questions. If there is something that comes in this case with consistency….those are rejections. So clueless again but not pessimistic. I have decided to be hopeful on this note always, as that is the only way.
5. Shifting house: Again where? In the same city, or in some other bigger city or in a different country altogether…all options hold. Clueless again.
6. Time: I always wonder how my 24 hrs of the day just vanish magically. I am completely clueless about this.
7. In general: now this is to wind up- being clueless about: what to buy from the market? (read Tesco, Sainsbury’s etc , what to cook? What to do when I do not want to study? What all should I worry (or think about) etc.
(The reason for jotting down in points is being influenced by my supervisor who said that: ‘things written in points are better understood than those written in paragraphs, when you have to summarise something’.)

But then maybe there will come a time in life where everything will be so predictable, so planned that you can’t move away from it. You cannot plan you day the way you want to. Your then busy routine (presuming that you will work and also get married) will take over all the freedom of balancing your life.
So why not enjoy this clueless phase, make the most of it. Just by remembering the main goals behind it, working towards it and then doing what you want. I then think, there are so many people who must be carving to have such 24 hrs in hand as I have right now. So if managed well, this can be one of the phases to be remembered. It is not actually all that confusing. I think I have a clue of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment